5. Create your cover
If you don’t have the perfect photo right now, don’t worry. Use the tips below to choose a great photo. Use Canva to create a greate cover.
Tips and examples
- Think of your first photo and title as a book cover—it’s the first thing people will see
- Go with active, candid images
- Try to take the photo in a well-lit space
- Photos with a vertical orientation work best
- Don’t use a flash or heavy filters
- Don’t upload blurry or distorted images
- Photos cannot feature children, logos, or alcohol
- Don’t upload images with text overlaid
- No posed portraits
A great title is short, clear and descriptive. Try starting with a fun or unique verb.
10 characters needed