Protecting your property
We know ensuring you have respectful guests is essential to you, your neighbors, and your community, and we’re dedicated to providing the support you need to screen guests effectively.
Make your own rules
Our owners make their own rules for who is and is not permitted to rent their property, and we adhere to their requirements. If you would like to set:
- an age limit,
- a stipulation that you do not rent to large groups,
- a no-pets policy, or any other restrictions on your guests, we will screen travelers accordingly.
Choose your guests
Travelers who make reservations over the phone will be asked questions by our Travel Advisor team regarding:
- their intentions for the trip,
- the make-up of their party, and various other screening questions designed to reveal a potentially problematic guest.
In addition, our vetting system scans every online booking for common “red flags” such as:
- A different name on the reservation than the one on the credit card used to book
- A traveler whose home address is near your property
- Large groups of adults traveling without children
We’re pleased to report that of the 4,000+ bookings we’ve made in the past year, less than 0.0003% of our reservations had a significant issue, and all of them were covered by Airbnb Property Protection or Damage Deposit.