Mondosol Scholarship is the name given to the business development and mentoring programme (the“Programme”) developed and run by Mondosol, The Organiser (as defined below) is offering the opportunity for start-ups (“Participants”) to participate in the Programme.
By applying to become a Participant in the Programme, you give your full and unconditional agreement to comply with these terms & conditions (the “Terms & Conditions”) and submit to the Organiser’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Programme.
If you are invited to become a Participant in the Programme, your participation is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth in these Terms & Conditions and entering into such further agreements as may be required by the Organiser or referenced in these Terms & Conditions.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Reference to the “Organiser” means Mondosol, Krokenveien 4, Honefoss, 3515, Norway (“MONDOSOL”);
- Reference to the “Mondosol Committee” means the team of individuals from Mondosol convened to oversee the running of Mondosol, select Participants for the Programme, and attend a day organised by the Organiser for certain Applicants to present their ideas and plans (“Pitch Day”).
- Other words used herein with a capitalised letter have the definitions given to them in these Terms & Conditions.
- Applications to participate in the Programme can be made by applicants (each an“Applicant”) who are companies and corporations (including not-for-profit corporations and other non-profit organisations), limited liability companies, partnerships, and other legal entities, so long as all of the founding members of such entity are at least 18 years of age at the time the application is submitted and are not affiliated to the Organiser or any member of its corporate group or any of its or their respective directors, officers, employees and agents.
- Each Applicant who is a team or entity must appoint one individual (the“Representative”) to represent it and act on its behalf, including to register and enter an application. The Representative represents and warrants that he/she is duly authorised to act on behalf of the team or entity and has read these Terms & Conditions, and that the Applicant team or entity agrees to abide by these Terms & Conditions.
- All costs incurred by an Applicant in preparing and submitting an application and, if selected, attending the Pitch Day and participating in the Programme, are to be borne by the Applicant.
- Applicants must be able to attend Pitch Day in person. International Applicants who are invited to participate in the Pitch Day and/or the Programme may be subject to visa requirements or restrictions and each Applicant is responsible for organising any relevant visa requirements, complying with any visa restrictions and for any associated costs that may apply to them.
- The dates when Applicants may enter an application (the “Application Period”) can be found on our website at https://www.mondosol.com/
- Any application entered outside the Application Period will not be automatically considered for participation in the Programme. The Mondosol Committee shall reserve the right to consider late applications in exceptional circumstances (and the Mondosol Committee shall decide in its sole discretion whether exceptional circumstances apply).
- Applications to the Programme must be submitted through the website www.mondosol.com by clicking Apply and following the instructions.
- Applications are in English and must be filled out in English.
- An Applicant may enter only one application each year. An Applicant may enter an application in any subsequent year provided that any such application is substantially different from, or shows significant progression since, the Applicant's previous application(s) (and the Organiser shall determine in its sole discretion whether applications are sufficiently different).
- An application may be rejected in the sole discretion of the Organiser for any reason.
- Applications must not violate the intellectual property rights or other rights including, but not limited to, copyright, trademark, patent, contract, and/or privacy rights of any other person or entity.
- By entering an Application the Applicant represents, warrants and agrees that any use of the Application by the Organiser or the Mondosol Committee as authorised by these Terms & Conditions, shall not infringe upon, misappropriate or otherwise violate any intellectual property right or proprietary right including, without limitation, any registered or unregistered trademark, copyright, design rights or patent, nor any privacy rights, moral rights nor any other rights of any person or entity.
- SELECTION CRITERIA
- The Mondosol Committee reserves the right to assess applications on the basis of any criteria it may chose in its sole discretion for the purpose of selecting Applicants to participate in the Pitch Day.
- All Applicants who are selected as Participants will be subject to further due diligence by the Organiser before the Applicants are eligible to participate in the Programme, which will include, without limitation, verification of identity including having the right to live and work in the country where the Programme is being held without sponsorship and security checks such as personal history, criminal record and financial probity, qualifications, details of legal entity (where applicable) and role in the creation of their idea.
- PROGRAMME PARTICIPATION
- Applicants invited to join the Programme will be required to confirm their participation by the deadline communicated to them by the Organiser. This will include entering into certain documentation which will be agreed between the Organiser and the Applicant once an invitation has been issued. Unless and until all such documentation is agreed and entered into by all relevant parties (at which point an Applicant will become a Participant), the Applicant shall not be required nor able to participate in the Programme and the Organiser shall not be required to admit the Applicant to the Programme.
- At the sole discretion of the Organiser, an Applicant invited to participate in the Programme will be deemed ineligible if:
a) the documentation to join the Programme has not been agreed and executed by the deadline communicated to them by the Organiser;
b) they are un contactable (including, without limitation, if the Applicant does not respond to attempted communication by the Organiser for a period of more than 7 consecutive days); and/or
c) they or any member of their team is disqualified for any other reason.
- In the event of disqualification, the Mondosol Committee, at its sole discretion, may select an alternative Participant.
- Participants may publicly announce their participation in the Programme and use the Mondosol name and logo, once their participation has been confirmed by the Organiser, on any social media, website or materials in accordance with the promotional guidance given at the time of invitation, provided no such use could reasonably be regarded by anyone viewing such content as illegal, offensive or obscene or reasonably likely to cause any damage to the reputation of the Organiser or any member of its Group and to use the Mondosol name and logo. If a Participant is disqualified at any point, the right to claim association with the Programme is revoked.
- Participants are required to participate in mentoring sessions, speeches and workshops organised as part of the Programme.
- The Organiser reserves the right to disqualify any Participants from the Programme for any reason, including, without limitation, unsatisfactory or inappropriate participation in Programme activities.
- Participation in the Programme constitutes a Participant's consent to each of the Organiser's and members of its corporate group and any of their respective agent’s use of the Participant's name, description, and logo and/or trade mark for promotional purposes in any media, worldwide, without further payment or consideration.
- The terms of any commercial agreement with Mondosol arising from Programme participation will be negotiated separately to these Terms & Conditions and any other Programme documentation (as per clause 5.1). At no point will participation in the Programme constitute a representation or guarantee that Mondosol will offer or enter into a commercial or investment agreement with a Participant.
- Prior to joining the Programme, Participants will be required to agree terms on which any future investment by Mondosol in the Participant’s business would be made. Such investment terms will: (i) be subject to negotiation between Mondosol and the Participant, acting reasonably and in good faith; and (ii) typically take the form of: (a) convertible loan notes issued by the Participant’s business (which shall convert into equity at the time of the Participant’s business’ next funding round); or (b) an investment of a fixed amount of capital in return for a mutually-agreed equity participation. Investments are not guaranteed and are subject to Programme performance. Mondosol reserves the right not to invest in any Participant.
- ENTRY CONDITIONS AND INDEMNITY
- Each applicant acknowledges and agrees that the relationship between the Applicants, Mondosol, and the Mondosol Scholarship Committee is not a fiduciary, or other special relationship, and that the Applicant's decision to apply to the Programme does not place the Organiser, the Mondosol Scholarship Committee or their respective agents in a position that is any different from the position held by the members of the general public with regard to elements of the application, except as specifically provided in these Terms & Conditions. For the avoidance of doubt, nothing in the Programme nor these terms and conditions constitutes an offer of employment. Applicants and Participants shall have no employment relationship with the Organiser, the Hangar 51 Committee or their respective agents.
- By submitting an application, each Applicant (including all participating members of an Applicant team or entity) agree(s) to:
a) comply with and be bound by these Terms & Conditions and the decisions of the Organiser and/or the Mondosol Scholarship Committee, which are binding and final in all matters relating to the Programme; and
b) indemnify, defend and hold harmless the Organiser, the Mondosol Scholarship Committee and their respective parent, subsidiary, and affiliated companies and any other organisations responsible for sponsoring, fulfilling, administering, advertising or promoting the Programme, and all of their respective past and present officers, directors, employees, agents and representatives from and against any and all claims, expenses, and liabilities (including legal fees), including, but not limited to, claims arising from negligence and damages of any kind to persons and property, defamation, infringement of trademark, copyright, design right or other intellectual property rights, property damage, or death or personal injury arising directly or indirectly from or relating to an Applicant's entry, creation of application or entry of application, participation in the Programme, acceptance or use or misuse of the prize (including any related travel or activity), participation in the Pitch Day, participation in the Programme and/or the broadcast, transmission, performance, exploitation or use of application as authorised or licensed by these Terms & Conditions.
- Subject to clause 7.2 and 7.3, the liability of the Organiser under this agreement is strictly limited to €100.
- Subject to clause 7.3, Mondosol and its affiliates shall have no liability in connection with:
a) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by the Organiser’s or an Applicant's electronic or printing error or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or used in the Programme;
b) technical failures of any kind including, but not limited to, malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines, internet connectivity or electronic transmission errors, or network hardware or software or failure of the Programme website;
c) unauthorised human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Programme;
d) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Programme or the processing of applications; and
e) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from the Applicant's application to or participation in the Programme. If for any reason any Applicant's application is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, the Applicant's sole remedy is to request the opportunity to resubmit its application, which request will be determined in the sole discretion of the Organiser.
- Nothing in these Terms & Conditions shall exclude or limit any party's liability for death or personal injury caused by its negligence, for fraudulent misrepresentation and/or for any other loss or damage the exclusion or limitation of which is prohibited by English law.
- GENERAL CONDITIONS
- The Organiser reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Programme, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failure or any other unanticipated factor or factor beyond the Organiser’s control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Programme, as determined by the Organiser in its sole discretion. The Organiser reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any Applicant or Participant, including if it finds the Applicant or Participant to be tampering with the Programme, specifically including, but not limited to, the application or voting process (for example by using the aid of computer software programs to auto-fill entries), or the operation of the Programme, or to be acting in violation of these Terms & Conditions, or in a manner that is inappropriate, unsportsmanlike, not in the best interests of this Programme, or a violation of any applicable law or regulation.
- Any attempt by any person to undermine the proper conduct of the Programme may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, the Organiser reserves the right to take legal action, including, without limitation, referral to law enforcement for any illegal or unlawful activities.
- The Organiser’s failure to enforce, or any delay in the enforcement of, any provision of these Terms & Conditions shall not constitute a waiver of any rights the Organiser has under these Terms & Conditions. The Organiser is not responsible for incomplete, late, misdirected, damaged, lost, illegible or incomprehensible applications, nor for address or email address changes of the Applicant or Participant. Proof of sending or submitting an application will not be deemed to be proof of receipt by the Organiser.
- In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between any provisions of these Terms & Conditions and disclosures or other statements contained in any Programme materials, including, but not limited to, the Programme application form, Programme website, advertising (including, but not limited to, television, print, radio or online ads), these Terms & Conditions shall prevail.
- The Organiser reserves the right, without liability, to amend these Terms & Conditions at any time, including the rights or obligations of Applicants or Participants, Mondosol and the Mondosol Scholarship Committee. In such event, the Organiser will post the amended Terms & Conditions on the Programme website. Any amendment will become effective at the time the Organiser posts the amended Terms & Conditions.
- All intellectual property related to the Programme (excluding an Applicant’s or Participant’s products and innovations and proprietary intellectual property), including, but not limited to, trademarks, trade-names, logos, designs, promotional materials, web pages, source codes, drawings, illustrations, slogans and representations, are owned or used under license by Mondosol and/or the Mondosol Scholarship Committee. All rights are reserved. Unauthorised copying or use of any copyrighted material or intellectual property without the express written consent of its owner is strictly prohibited.
- Should any provision of these Terms & Conditions be, or become, illegal or unenforceable, such illegality or unenforceable shall leave the remainder of these Terms & Conditions unaffected and valid. The illegal or unenforceable provision or part of a provision shall be replaced by a valid and enforceable provision that comes closest and best reflects the Organiser’s and/or Mondosol Scholarship committee's intention in a legal and enforceable manner with respect to the invalid or unenforceable provision.
- LAW AND JURISDICTION
- 1. These Terms & Conditions are governed by English law and the parties hereby accept the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts in relation to any dispute (including any associated non-contractual disputes or claims) arising under or in connection with these Terms & Conditions or the Programme.
- All postal correspondence in respect of the Programme should be marked Mondosol Scholarship and sent to: Mondosol Scholarship, Krokenveien 4, Hønefoss, 3515, Norway (“MONDOSOL”);
- For any email enquiries, please contact email@example.com