Mondosol Money Back Guarantee
Most Mondosol sales go smoothly, but if there's a problem with a purchase, the Mondosol Money Back Guarantee ensures that buyers receive the item they ordered or get their money back.
Buyers can use the Mondosol Money Back Guarantee when:
- They don't receive an item
- They receive an item that doesn't match the listing description
Mondosol works with buyers to quickly resolve issues.
Most transactions on Mondosol.com are covered by the Mondosol Money Back Guarantee.
- An item isn't received or it isn't as described in the listing.
- A buyer reports that they didn't receive an item or requests a return within the Mondosol Money Back Guarantee timelines.
- The buyer made the purchase on Mondosol.com via checkout or a Mondosol invoice with one of the following payment methods:
- PayPal Credit
- Credit card or debit card
- Mondosol gift cards and vouchers
- The item was paid for in a single payment (including payments with PayPal Credit).
- If the listing was a live auction by an auction house seller, the buyer made the purchase on Mondosol.com and paid by any payment method, the purchase is covered as long as the buyer provides a copy of the seller invoice and proof of payment.
- Items collected in person are also covered, provided all other requirements are met.
- Buyer remorse or any reason other than not receiving an item or receiving an item that isn’t as described in the listing (see the seller’s return policy for return options).
- Items damaged during local pick-up.
- Items not delivered, damaged during collection, or damaged during shipment when the buyer arranges pick-up or shipping of the item (for instance, the buyer arranges freight).
- Duplicate claims through other resolution methods.
- Local pickup items that were not collected by, or on behalf of the buyer.
- Items shipped to another address after original delivery.
- Vehicles, Real Estate, Websites & Business for Sale, Classified Ads, services, Digital Content, Intangible Goods, and some Business Equipment categories.
When a buyer doesn't receive an item
If a buyer doesn't receive an item, the buyer needs to report that they didn't receive the item by contacting Mondosol. Mondosol should address the buyer's concern and provide updates on the delivery of the item, tracking information, or a refund.
If the buyer isn't happy with Mondosol's response or doesn't receive a response, the buyer can ask Mondosol to step in and help.
If asked to step in and help, we review the information provided by the buyer and supplier for evidence of successful on-time delivery to the buyer's address or proof of collection by the supplier. We require proof of signature to confirm delivery for items with a total cost of $750 or more.
If we determine that the item wasn't successfully delivered or collected, we refund the full cost of the item and original shipping via PayPal. The seller is required to reimburse us for the amount. Learn more about reimbursement.
Generally, the buyer is responsible for accepting the item when it arrives. If the buyer refuses delivery, their claim is not eligible for the Mondosol Money Back Guarantee.
- The buyer can provide, via written proof from the carrier, that they refused the package because it arrived empty or was damaged in shipping.
- The buyer accepted and opened the package only to determine that it was an empty box.
- The item arrived COD because it didn't have enough postage on it.
The buyer is responsible for paying any customs and duty fees for international shipping.
- The supplier overstated the value of the item, which caused customs fees to be higher.
When an item doesn't match the listing description
If a buyer receives an item that doesn't match the listing description, the buyer needs to request a return from Mondosol. Mondosol should address the buyer's concern and offer a solution, such as accepting a return, offering a replacement or refund.
If the buyer doesn't receive a response or solution, or returns the item but doesn't receive a refund or replacement from Mondosol, the buyer can ask us to step in and help. In some cases we may automatically accept a return request on the supplier’s behalf.
If asked to step in and help, we review the item description, photos of the item, if provided by the buyer or supplier, and any other information about the item that the buyer and supplier provide. If we can't determine that the item matches the listing description, if the supplier has already offered a return, or the supplier's stated return window and policy applies, we may ask the buyer to return the item to the supplier.
When an item is returned to the seller
- The buyer must return the item in the same condition in which it was received.
- Buyers are liable for any loss in value of the item if this loss in value is attributed to a handling which is not necessary for the purpose of checking the quality, characteristics and functioning of the item. The seller will deduct the amount of loss from the amount reimbursed to buyer.
- The seller is required to accept the return at the same location specified in the listing.
- The cost of return shipping is the seller's responsibility. For return of items with a total cost of $750 or more, we require signature confirmation.
- The seller pays for any customs charges on the returned item.
Either we generate a return shipping label or the supplier can provide a label. We add the cost of an Mondosol-generated label to the supplier's monthly Mondosol invoice.
When a return shipping label is made available to the buyer and/or the buyer chooses to purchase a separate label, the buyer won't be refunded by Mondosol for the cost of the label.
After confirming that the item was returned to the seller, we refund the cost of the item (less any loss in value, if applicable) and original shipping via PayPal. We require the seller to reimburse us for the amount. When the buyer arranges shipping or picks up the item, we may not refund the cost of original shipping or pickup.
When an item isn't returned to Mondosol
In some instances, we may not require that an item be returned to us. In these situations, we refund the buyer and may seek reimbursement from the supplier, for example if:
- The supplier chooses not to accept a return request or provide a return shipping label.
- The item location was misrepresented.
- It's hazardous to ship back the item.
- The item no longer has a value (for instance, a ticket for a cancelled event).
Alternatively, with the buyer's consent, we may give a partial refund to cover differences between how the item was described in the listing and the actual item the buyer received. When given a partial refund, the buyer isn't asked to return the item to the seller. We may require the seller to reimburse us for the partial refund.
If a buyer suspects that an item is counterfeit, and there are strong indicators that the item is counterfeit, we don't require the buyer to return the item to the seller. The buyer agrees to cooperate with us to ensure the proper disposal of the item. In such instances, we refund the buyer for the full cost of the item and original shipping, and the seller reimburses us for the refund. The buyer may not sell the item on Mondosol or elsewhere.
Mondosol Money Back Guarantee timelines
Item not received
- A buyer can report to Mondosol that they didn't receive an item once the item's latest estimated delivery date has passed, and for 30 days after the latest estimated delivery date.
- For event tickets, a buyer must report that they didn't receive the tickets no later than 7 days after the event date or 30 days from the latest estimated delivery date, whichever is later.
- Mondosol has 3 business days from the report to respond to the buyer with a solution (through either a replacement, a return, or a refund). If Mondosol does not offer a solution or the buyer is unsatisfied with the solution the buyer can ask us to step in and help.
- If the buyer doesn't ask us to step in and help within 30 days of reporting that they didn't receive an item, the request closes automatically.
Item not as described
- A buyer must request a return no later than 30 days after the actual (or latest estimated) delivery date, or, if the seller's return window is longer, within the return window.
- For event tickets, a buyer must request a return no later than 7 days after the event date or 30 days from the actual (or latest estimated) delivery date, whichever is later.
- The seller has 3 business days from the request to respond to the buyer with a solution. If the seller does not respond with a solution, the buyer can ask us to step in and help. The buyer must ship the item back to the seller within 5 business days from when the buyer starts the return. If the seller shipped a replacement or exchange and the buyer has not shipped the original item back within 20 days of the buyer starting the return, we charge the buyer for the replacement or exchange.
- If the seller offers a refund and doesn't issue it within 6 business days of the item's delivery to the seller, the buyer can ask us to step in and help for a period of 10 business days after the refund deadline has passed.
- If the buyer doesn't ask us to step in and help within 30 days of starting a request for a return (or the timelines described if a refund, replacement or exchange isn't received), the request closes automatically.
Replacement and exchange
Replacement and exchanges can be requested by the buyer and/or seller. Exchanges are based on value of the original purchased item, with current and equal value. A buyer must request a return no later than 30 days after the actual (or latest estimated) delivery date, or, if the seller's return window is longer, within the return window.
Timelines for replacement and exchanges:
When the buyer requests a replacement or an exchange Mondosol has 3 business days to respond to the buyer. If no response is received after 3 business days (and a maximum of 27 business days) the buyer can escalate the request to Mondosol to step in and help resolve.
If a replacement or exchange is agreed upon, the buyer has 5 days to ship the item back to the seller with return tracking (provided through return claim). If the buyer doesn’t ship the item within 5 business days, the replacement or exchange will be closed.
If the buyer doesn’t ship the return item back to Mondosol, and the supplier shipped the replacement or exchange with confirmed delivery scan, after 20 business days the seller will be paid the value of the additional item. The buyer will be charged for this additional item via the buyer’s PayPal account.
Latest estimated delivery date
When we have no information about the actual delivery date, we use the latest estimated delivery date. When we have no estimated delivery information, we consider the latest estimated delivery date to be 7 days from payment date for transactions between a buyer and seller in the same country, and 30 days from the payment date for buyers and sellers in different countries.
Extended timelines for Mondosol Money Back Guarantee coverage
In some limited situations, we may extend the period of time in which a buyer is eligible for the Mondosol Money Back Guarantee. This extra time allows us to take into consideration the buyer's location, the shipping service used, a supplier's extended return window, national holidays, or delays due to circumstances such as natural disaster, national emergency, labor strike, or governmental act, or other circumstances such as fraud. In most instances, when we extend timelines for Mondosol Money Back Guarantee coverage, in cases where the supplier is responsible for requests opened during such an extended timeline.
Buyers and suppliers have an opportunity within 30 days from when we make a decision about a transaction issue to appeal our decision by providing appropriate documentation. We have the right to seek reimbursement from the seller if a buyer successfully appeals.
Refunds to buyers
We refund buyers via PayPal. If a buyer doesn't have a PayPal account, we ask the buyer to create one with their Mondosol registered email address to claim their refund. In the unlikely event we're unable to send refunds to a PayPal account, we may provide refunds by coupon redeemable for purchases on Mondosol.
Fraudulent claims may include:
- A buyer opening excessive requests or duplicate requests using other programs
- A buyer colluding with a seller to misdeclare an item's value for customs
- A buyer filing a chargeback after knowingly receiving a refund
Buyers who file fraudulent claims are subject to consequences outlined in the Abusing Mondosol section of the Terms Agreement. In addition, we reserve the right to indefinitely suspend the buyer's coverage under the Mondosol Money Back Guarantee.
- Buyers and sellers permit us to make final decisions about all cases, including appeals. We may provide buyers and sellers with access to each other's names, user IDs, contact information, and other information relating to a request.
- When a buyer and supplier don't speak the same language, we may assist with communication until the issue is resolved.
- The Mondosol Money Back Guarantee is not a product warranty.
- In some situations, we may open and decide on a request on behalf of the buyer. This includes situations in which a seller is suspended for fraudulent activity.
- For items shipped through the Global Shipping Program, the program's terms and conditions for buyers describe how members are protected by the Mondosol Money Back Guarantee.
- We reserve the right to fix any processing errors we discover by debiting or crediting the payment method used for the incorrect refund or reimbursement.